This Guide on converting Group insurance to Individual Health Insurance Plan will discuss the process on keeping your health insurance in place.
When you leave a group plan it’s important to know what options are available to you to continue coverage.
A replacement Group Health insurance plan will do the following:
- Provide a transition from your group plan to an individual health plan within 60 days of losing coverage
- Require no medical questions just a Provincial Health Card
- Cover Pre-existing conditions
- Ability to choose level of coverage for your needs
- Allow for Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Drug coverage typically is higher for these plans for pre-existing conditions. Also you have options to get more extensive dental such as endodontics.
Who Needs a Replacement Group Health Insurance Plan?
- Newly Self Employed Individuals that left a group plan
- Estranged Individuals who may have been on a spouse’s Group Plan
- Workers Laid Off from their Job
If you aren’t leaving a Group Health Insurance Plan and still need a Private Health Insurance Plan please see here.
To get a quote and sign up for a plan you can contact a specialist at 1 866 833 7992 to review your needs.
We have experience in transitioning people from group plans to individual plans and can help you select a plan. You can also receive a quote and apply for a plan here.