Going From a Group Plan to Individual Plan
When you leave a group plan its important to know what options are available to you to continue coverage. This Guide to Replacement Health Insurance will help.
A replacement Health insurance plan will do the following:
- Provide a transition from your group plan to an individual health plan within 60 days of losing coverage
- Require no medical questions just a Provincial Health Card
- Cover Pre-existing conditions
- Ability to choose level of coverage for your needs
Drug coverage typically is higher for these plans for pre-existing conditions. Also you have options to get more extensive dental such as endodontics.
Who Needs Replacement Health Insurance?
- Newly Self Employed Individuals that left a group plan
- Estranged Individuals who may have been on a spouse’s Group Plan
- Workers Laid Off from their Job
To get a quote and sign up for a plan you can contact a specialist at 1 866 833 7992 to review your needs. We have experience in transitioning people from group plans to individual plans and can help you select a plan. You can also receive a quote and apply for a plan here.